Rotarians are people who make a difference. There’s something that all Rotary club members have in common: we take action. As community volunteers, we reach out to neighbours in need. We build, support, and organise. We save lives. We work locally and globally.
Aspire to Inspire become a Rotarian, help our community and join a group of people with common interests and meet new and interesting people like yourself.
There’s something that all Rotary club members have in common: we take action. As community volunteers, we reach out to neighbours in need. We build, support, and organise. We save lives. We work locally and globally.
Around the world and around the corner, 1.2 million men and women of Rotary –
- Get involved with their communities
- Connect with other professionals
- Share their time and experience with young people
- Support global causes such as eradicating polio and malaria
- Use their skills to help others
If you are interested in becoming a Rotarian you are welcome to attend any meeting of the club. Simply turn up at one of our meetings and introduce yourself, or contact us. We are always looking to increase our membership so that we can better support the community’s needs. You will be joining a group of people who love to help the community while having fun.
You are invited to come to a introductory meeting to meet the team
Call Robin on 0404 160 548 to let us know you are coming.
We meet Every Tuesday, at 6.00PM for 6.30PM in one of the downstairs Tasman Rooms at:
Mingara Recreation Club, Mingara Drive, Tumbi Umbi.
OBJECTS OF ROTARY
The objects of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular, to encourage and foster:
- The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service;
- High ethical standards in business and professions: the recognition of the worthiness of all occupations and the dignifying of each Rotarian’s occupation as an opportunity to serve society;
- The application of the ideal of service in Each Rotarian’s personal, business and community life;
- The advancement of international understanding, goodwill and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.
What is Rotary?
Rotary is a worldwide organisation of ordinary people, business, professional and community leaders. Rotary Clubs are non political, non religious and open to all races, cultures and creeds.
For more than one hundred years, people around the world have been giving to humanity through Rotary. Rotary’s main aim is giving to the community and supporting those in need in Australia and throughout the world. The magic of Rotary is that it allows ordinary people to achieve the most extraordinary things. Through Rotary, people unite to achieve exceptional global change. Many ordinary members of Rotary have developed projects that have brought significant changes to the world.
Why be a Rotarian?
It is not for the money,
It is not for the fame,
It is not for any personal gain,
It is just for the love of fellow man.
It is just to lend a helping hand,
It is just to give a little of self,
It is to do something you can’t buy with wealth.
It is not medals worn with pride,
It is for the feeling deep inside,
It is the reward down in your heart.
It is the feeling you’ve been part
of helping others far and near
That makes you a Rotarian.